Nasal discharge, watery eyes, a lot of secretion and even headache. How about learning some natural remedies for rhinitis and ending suffering?
Allergic rhinitis is caused by inflammation in the mucosa of the nose, triggered by the entry of some toxic or foreign substance into the body. It is a fairly common reaction today, so nothing better than learning some natural remedies for rhinitis and avoiding the pharmacy as much as possible.
When you inhale a substance that the body identifies as something dangerous, it immediately sends an order to obstruct the nostrils, preventing the passage of that element.
From that moment, the endless sneezing, stinging on the entire face, swelling of the eyes and all related symptoms begin.
Best natural remedies for rhinitis
Excellent for treating various diseases of the respiratory tract, ginger is one of the main natural remedies for rhinitis because it has anti-inflammatory properties that help strengthen the immune system.
In addition to adding it to your common diet, using it as a spice in meat, soups, juices and anything else that you find interesting, you can also make this recipe for eucalyptus and ginger tea:
Ginger : 1 piece of about 5 cm .;
Eucalyptus : 1 leaf;
Water : 2 cups
- Wash, peel and chop the ginger.
- Wash the eucalyptus leaf and reserve it.
- In a saucepan, boil the water.
- Add the ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the eucalyptus leaf.
- Let warm, strain and drink.
You can add honey to sweeten and lemon juice to make it even more tasty and powerful.
Every time you hear about chamomile, the image that comes to mind is a delicious cup of tea. But did you know that for the treatment of rhinitis the use is quite different?
Vaporization of chamomile helps clean the nasal passages and relieve symptoms, calming the inner mucosa of the nose. To do this, prepare a well-concentrated tea with a liter of water and a cup of dried chamomile.
Look step by step:
- Make the tea well concentrated and use it immediately to make the most of the steam.
- Sit in a higher chair that allows you to put your face in the pot without burning.
- Put yourself at a safe distance so that the steam does not burn your face.
- Lower your face in the direction of the saucepan, staying in front of it.
- Place a towel on your head, leaving the sides near the table. This will create a small greenhouse effect, making the steam stay in contact with the skin of your face for longer.
- Inhale deeply, whenever possible.
- When there is no more steam, get up and stay in an environment protected from wind or excessive cold.
You can vaporize up to 3 times a day.
Children under 7 years should not do the vaporization.
3. Eucalyptus essential oil
Do you have trouble sleeping because of having a blocked nose? If so, make this recipe and tonight will be much more enjoyable.
You will only need eucalyptus essential oil and water. Simple truth?
Boil 5 liters of water and put 10 drops of eucalyptus essential oil in a ceramic or clay container.
Place under the bed, closer to the head and sleep in peace. Water vapor, transporting eucalyptus essential oil particles, will help you throughout the night, mainly in the first moments, to breathe.
4. Syrup to boost immunity
In addition to treating symptoms, you must strengthen your body so that it can respond better to the allergic process. To do this, prepare this powerful homemade syrup for rhinitis.
Onion : 1 unit;
Garlic : 6 teeth;
Radish : 2 units;
Ginger : 1 piece with 4 centimeters;
Carrot : ½ unit;
Water : a little to beat all the ingredients.
- Chop the onion, garlic and radish and reserve.
- Peel and chop the carrots and ginger.
- Place everything in the blender and beat well, putting small amounts of water to facilitate.
- Strain and drink as soon as you are ready so you don’t lose vitamins.
- Take 3 times a day until the symptoms are reduced.
Other treatments for rhinitis
Facial massage, or Shiatsu, helps clean the ducts and reduce the production of mucus, making breathing and healing easier.
Developed by a doctor in Germany at the end of the 18th century, homeopathy is the treatment that is carried out from the ingestion, in small quantities, of natural remedies that have gone through a long dilution process.
It is controversial even today, although it has been successful in preventing allergic diseases such as rhinitis.
It must be done with a specialized medical support, strictly following the recommendations to obtain the expected result.
Originally from China, acupuncture has many followers in Brazil. It consists of the application of small needles in the energy points of the body, linked to the problem to be treated.
As one of the natural remedies for rhinitis, acupuncture, in addition to treating the ailment, will also help strengthen the immune system by stimulating nerve endings that will trigger actions in the brain, such as anti-inflammatory action.
How to prevent rhinitis
A strong diet, rich in vitamin C and other essential nutrients is also essential for the immune system to function properly, as well as the practice of regular physical activity.
Remember that the advice in this article does not replace the consultation with a doctor. Keep in mind that each organism is unique and can react differently.