Skip the diet to try this delicious sweet potato jam
The sweet potato is a tuber known for its distinctive flavor and healthy carbohydrates. Despite being sweet, it has a low glycemic index and is rich in vitamin A, calcium and fiber. If you usually eat this food a lot, know a different way to include it in your diet: sweet potato jam!
Traditional sweet potato jam recipe
Who is older and lived childhood in the 70s and 80s, got fed up with eating this jam. Look how you can do it just like Grandma’s recipe.
Sugar: 500 grams;
Water: 1 cup of tea;
Cinnamon stick: 1 unit;
Cloves: 1 unit;
Sweet potatoes: 500 grams (cooked and mashed);
Butter with salt: 1 tablespoon;
- In a pan, preferably non-stick, add water, sugar, cinnamon and cloves.
- Heat over low heat for approximately 20 minutes until it becomes a fine syrup.
- Add the sweet potato already cooked and mashed. Then add the butter.
- Stir until it thickens and begins to loosen at the bottom of the pan.
- Join the mold with margarine and pour the contents.
- Let the jam dry and it will be ready to be served.
Modern sweet potato recipe
Meet a newer and different version, then to innovate in the manufacture of this old candy. The recipe is even more delicious and different.
Sweet potato: 1 kg. (cooked and mashed);
Refined sugar: 1 kg .;
Coconut milk: 200 ml .;
Gelatin without flavor: 1 package;
Flavored gelatin: 1 package (the flavor you choose).
- In a bowl, dissolve the jellies with a cup of warm water.
- Wrap the rest of the ingredients in a pan.
- Mix the two contents and bring to a simmer.
- Stir until it begins to release at the bottom of the pan and turn off the heat.
- Spread a mold, pour the contents and wait for it to cool.
- To serve, cut into small squares and sprinkle some sugar.