Low libido or lack of sexual desire is the most common sexual dysfunction. This sexual dysfunction can deplete the intimacy of the relationship. The lack of libido or low libido is more common in women, but quite rare in men.
Men with low libido can achieve erections, but have much less desire to have sex. But men with erectile dysfunction usually have a normal sex drive.
The causes of low libido in men: Causes of low libido or low sex drive may be physiological or psychological.
- Physical causes
- Drug abuse such as cocaine, heroin, marijuana
- Few drugs prescribed for prostate problems, high blood pressure and depression
- low testosterone hormones
The main diseases such as diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, endocrine or neurological disorders, hypothyroidism, cardiovascular disease, arthritis, etc.
- Andropause male
- Not getting enough sleep
- Long working hours
- Chronic pain
- Psychological causes:
- Unresolved conflicts in the relationship
- A desire to control or punish your spouse
- A way to have power over spouse
- Conflict or sexual confusion
- Sexual abuse in the past
- Family concerns
The causes described in ayurveda for decreased libido or low sex drive:
- Having sex under duress with a person you do not like.
- The anxiety and stress.
- Eating spicy, salty and warm pitta increase food and destroys Shukra (semen).
- Overindulgence in sexual activity leads to Shukra kshaya (low sperm count).
- If Dravyas vajikara (libido enhancers) are not consumed by these people regularly can lead to CLIBYA (decreased libido and impotence).
- By controlling sexual urges for longer cables
- VEERYAAVARODHA (Obstruction of sperm) and this leads to decreased libido.
- Some acquire low sexual desire for the birth.
Remedies for decreased libido in men: The underlying cause should be evaluated and corrective measures must be taken as a result
- Withdrawal from alcohol and drug addiction.
- Reduce body weight.
- The correction of anemia.
- Get enough sleep.
- Reduce your stress levels with relaxation techniques.
- The support of a spouse or partner.
- Ayurveda Treatment low sexual desire
The treatment used in Ayurveda to increase libido, the quality and quantity of sperm, the duration of erection and for the treatment of infertility in an effective manner is known as Vaajikarana
As this therapy increases the strength of a man to perform sexual act, like a horse, is called ‘Vaajikarana’. ( ‘Vaaji’ = horse.)
- Vaikaranamanvicchet purusho nityamatmawan |
- Hello Thadaayattou dharmarthou yatra yevacha ||
- Ladies and gentlemen |
- This means that “The person who takes care manhood after rejuvenation therapy obtain offspring. Offspring Through this happiness gain.”
- Vaajikarana therapy leads to:
- Good resistance.
- Energy to produce offspring.
- Increased duration of erection.
Ayurveda has placed great emphasis on the power of a man. Charaka says the use of aphrodisiacs, as shown in Ayurvedic therapies potence rapidly improving. These drugs are said to give the strength and power of a horse. These treatments are particularly useful for the elderly. It is said to increase libido, duration of erection, sperm count and sperm motility.